- Work on Android client has started, although it is sort of a background job.
- Android will at least need to be Lollipop.
- Development on Android client should go faster than the iOS design because of the familiarity with Java.
- Game is using custom I/O with thread pools and sockets. Rhialto will be migrating to gRPC which uses the Netty library.
- Aliases will still be a feature, but idea is many aliases exist because of the lack of certain game features.
- Aliases from previous game will be evaluated as an attempt to see what game features the players wanted.
- Healing fires automatically and then the CD starts (previously there was a build up to the healing spell going off).
- Idea brought up of healing recovering your points over a fixed time interval (sort of “recharging” you).
- Potions/spells/scrolls that are used before the fixed time interval is over, will continue the healing after the interval but you will lose the overlap between the two casts.
- Auto-targeting for archers and spellcasters will be addressed. A smarter system that chooses the correct target for you (depending on arrow type or readied spell).
- Idea brought up of a “targeting” skill that helps you choose better attacks given the target. For instance it might switch you to a bow if you have the right arrow of slaying, or use a particular spell if the enemy is vulnerable to it.
- Gameplay footage not released to public because of concerns of the game still being in an early stage and the fear of a game similar to Wyvern being made before launch.
YumeriaYumiJune 20, 2016 at 2:13 am
I am truly delighted to see this game is coming back. I was busy for a while and missed the fact that Wyvern is coming back. I would rather have it on the PC personally but I love this game so much and will play it no matter what. I have read about all the information and it seems like it will be sweet. I dislike the small screen aspect but sounds like it will be great. I don’t know where to ask this(and am sorry for bothering you while you are busy) but I wanted to know how I could find my old character because I don’t remember. If the email connects you then this question is already answered and I once again apologize. Delighted to finally be able to play Wyvern soonish:D
Jeremiah McClureJune 20, 2016 at 4:03 pm
Rhialto mentioned that if you can provide proof that a certain character is yours, such as email/password/item list, that he would reset that character’s password and allow you to access your account again. As far as I know nothing has changed on this front but obviously things could always change between now and release.