With Wyvern inching ever closer to it’s full release, Wyvernsource would like to remember the letter organized by the players to Rhialto with the intent of originally bringing the game back up during it’s hiatus. Each signature represents an unique player with their own heartfelt reasons why they love Wyvern.
When the game went down almost a year ago, the community was heartbroken. We were informed that the game would take a while to fix and that contact with you about its status would be very limited. Most of us stuck around and waited for it to return because it had always done so in the past. Months came and went and most of us formed the impression that we should give up on Wyvern, so we started to move on to other things.
Recently, an innocent joke was played on the active members of the forum. An update regarding the server status was posted and it claimed the game would be back at the end of the month. It ended up being just a reused update from you, from the last time the game went down, however, the forum buzz was insane. As word spread, many users returned to see the news, and the number of active users on the forum skyrocketed. This community you have following your game is so tight and committed that even after a year of hearing nothing from you, we all returned when we believed your game was coming back, and were again heartbroken to learn that wasn’t true.
We would all love to play your game again, and you are the only one that can make that happen. If you have lost hope on Wyvern, we want you to know that we, the players and very dedicated wizards have not. To prove this to you, we are all signing this letter in the hope that you will see how many of us want to play your game once more and see it thrive like it once did. You have something very special, and it would be a shame to never let it see the light of day again.
- (Bullfrogz) “I have played for almost 10 years and still haven’t found better”
- “Please hear us Rhialto”
- “Your game is the reason I’m a gamer today and why I work at HP instead of an investment firm.”
- “Bring it back!”
- “I remember spending hours playing this back when it first started to
explode within its own community.”
- “I get so nostalgic every time I think about this game. The community is so closely knit and nice. This game may only be a small part in your life but it is a big and memorable part in ours. Please regard all these heartfelt responses seriously.”
- “I met my current best friend through this game, the memories we shared will never be forgotten.”
- “The game is truly original and I find myself coming back to it again and again. I’ve had some good memories with family and friends through this game along with deriving much personal enjoyment out of it.”
- “This game. More than life itself. I wish I was kidding”
- “I have played this game since sixth grade in middle school. I am a junior in college now, and no game has came anywhere near to taking the place of this game as the best MMO and community game of all time”
- (Aeroth, Raey) “I’ve played this game for many years. I did not know about the forums during the first hiatus so I checked on the site every day until it came back up. I love this game and I want it to come back so badly. I can’t stop thinking about the game, please bring it back.“
- “My friend has told me so much about this game, I am looking forward to trying it when it is brought back up”
- “My best friend and I spent so much time playing and bonding over Wyvern. It was a special part of our lives, and the nostalgia looking back on it is incredible. Wyvern was a wonderful game, and getting it back up would be amazing.”
- (Vesrayech/tayvionn/rarkvar) “I enjoyed playing this game for many years. A lot of memories and good times were had. And even though a lot of new games are being released such as WoW and TeS: Skyrim, I still find myself wanting to play Wyvern more than any other. Myself and the others wait for a response, a hope.”
- (irlazy/chaotickeys) “Never have I played a more in depth and creative game then Wyvern. The only other thing I can compare it to in terms of enjoyability in a way where you as the player are the number one driving factor and your imagination is your boundaries is reading a novel.”
- (Snarfer, Rok, Jacksparow, Blackbeard) “Wyvern is by far one of the most diverse, and enjoyable games I have ever played in my entire life. I’ve tried just about every MMO out there, and there is nothing even comparably close to how many options you have in Wyvern. There’s only one game you can be a club wielding pixie to a magic casting giant. No other game has those options other then Wyvern. Also all the cities, dungeons, and places in Wyvern that you can visit are astonishing, and they’re always only increasing. There truly is no other game like Wyvern, and I can’t wait for it’s return.”
- (Darkmist, Lacuna) “There is no substitute for Wyvern. Other games can fall in and out of the limelight, but this game is undeniably unique, for it to vanish forever into the abyss of the Internet archives would stand as a travesty.”
- (Jezrald) “Though I’ve only played for six months, that was an intense and enjoyable time. There’s nothing quite like Wyvern, and I add my voice to the chorus asking for its speedy return.”
- (Salkand): I grew up playing wyvern. I learned how to type playing wyvern. In many ways, both small and large, the community of wyvern has helped me to grow to be the man that I am today. Wyvern, for me has always remained a way to sit back and relax with friends, which has always been important for someone like me, who doesn’t open up easily when in person. This game is truly unique, and it deserves more. Thank you, Rhialto, for everything.
- (Then, Glacio) “I’ve played Wyvern since 2003. It’s honestly the only game that could catch my attention span for so long. Maturing from a middle schooler to a near college graduate makes me appreciate Wyvern and the amazing community you have established over the past 10 (almost 11) years. If money is a future issue, I would be more than willing to donate or even pay a subscription fee if it means Wyvern will come back sooner (if at all). We hope you can find the time to bring back your amazing game and help push it to another level.”
- (Lembitu) “I have played Wyvern for years and haven’t found any decent alternative to it. Its minimalistic look and gameplay that assumes intelligence from the players is what attracts. Please don’t let this unique game to die.”
- (Mirk) “me just want smash paladin”
- (Xaoin) “I haven’t played Wyvern for many years like most others, However the 7 months that I did play Wyvern was pure enjoyment. Wyvern was, and will always be the one game I could not move on from. It’s graphics, Wizards, And playerbase attracted many people, And will attract many more in the future. I hope that you may find a time in the future to bring one of the greatest creations on the web back.
- There are no other games out there like Wyvern, and it’s one of the only games I haven’t gotten bored of after several years of playing. Please consider bringing the game back up because it’s the only one of it’s kind.
- I am very keen to play this game again. I grew up playing this game and i will probably play it for years to come if it is revived.
- “I always enjoyed this game, it has made me grow, and realize the potential of games, even now games like Skyrim or WoW, or TF2 cant compete with the game that Wyvern is. It has immense potential, 2d games are not dead yet! They can be improved on immensely, especially with the current surge of technology! Spread Wyvern, bring it back! There is hope. Thanks for reading this!” -Righteous
- “Since the day in eighth grade when Bullfrogz brought in a magazine that had a very small advertisement of Wyvern on it, my group of close friends and I have never stopped playing or loving the game. Growing up on the game, as others did was a great experience and as old as we are now we still manage to get excited over it, be the game up or down. When were all around each other sometimes we find ourselves reminiscing on old times or even just randomly just trying to perfect some old build, it doesn’t matter. The game impacted us as one of the best games of all time and continues to, we miss it. We’ve made friends, and lost them. We’ve had good times, and bad times. We’ve done good things, and bad things. Through our Wyvern careers we’ve all no doubt had our share of bumps, but somehow we still all manage to come back with the same ferocity and enjoy the game once more. So from myself, and the plenty of others who feel the same way. We love Wyvern, and we’d do a lot to make sure we could play again; and we’d do a hell of a lot more to make sure it doesn’t become just a memory.” – Brionac – Grevious
- “I started playing after I read the GameInformer article years ago, and I haven’t stopped since. I would take breaks from Wyvern, but no matter what, it would always bring me back. I know so many people have said it before me, but there isn’t a game in existence that can compare with Wyvern.”
- “Like many who have also signed this, I read the Game Informer article many years ago and became interested in Wyvern. I have quit two or three times, but I always came back. A few months ago, I had “the itch” to play Wyvern, however, I learned it was down. Since then I have waited and lurked, trying to find other games to replace Wyvern. None come anywhere close. Please bring this game back up, it is absolutely incredible. It may be inappropriate for this, I am unsure, but a friend of mine who also played was asking me to play Wyvern with him again someday. He was a freshman in college, I was a senior in high school. He’s no longer with us, however, I know he would have loved to play Wyvern again as well. So count me for two. This game is incredible and you have such a dedicated fanbase, however small it may be compared to other games. Give us hope that we will see Wyvern again.”
- “Though I have seen and played many other games, for some reason I am drawn back to Wyvern more than any of the others. There are no other games comparable in terms of gameplay, even though modern games may have fancier graphics or more action. Wyvern also represents a challenge, with many quests I still look forward to solving. Thank you for creating this wonderful game, and I join the others above in hoping you will bring it back up.”
- (calair, player since 2010): “The community was excellent. There were so many interesting people to talk to which created an atmosphere that made me feel at home. Wyvern was my sanctuary from the crap and complications of everyday life. I still get that fuzzy feeling of nostalgia every time that I check the forums. I loved the dedication of the wizards and the creator of this game. It heartened me to see that the creators of this game were doing it out of love, not superficial reasons. Mr. Yegge, you have created something immortal in Wyvern and you can’t take it back now!”
- (Dracco, player since 2002): “If you like my nifty email address then at the very least give Wyvern’s players quarterly updates about progress/decisions and post them on Arilou’s wyvern forum. In all seriousness though, you have a unique game unlike any other where things like player content can be added to the game with ease. I really like that aspect a lot and even made my own not-so-spiffy Hall of Fame image. The community of Wyvern has been better than any other online game I have experienced. I’ve had times where in my foolish ways I run up to a monopod on a pixie and managed to die 3 times in a split second (overkilled) and a wizard kindly fixed the overkill promptly for me! I have never played any game where I actually felt that the community cared for one another. Just try your best to bring it back and keep it going strong!”
- (Riordan, player since 2008) “Rhialto I love Wyvern, as do all of these players no doubt, but you gotta bring Wyvern back to us. It’s the most fun I’ve had in a long time, and I’ve met some of my best friends on this game. The memories I have playing through dungeons and things are all some of my favorites, and I hope you can find the desire to keep the game around. Keep rocking Steve Yegge! We’re both guitar players. We gotta stick together!”
- “You know, I always hear of people quitting a game after playing for a certain amount of years. But I’ve been playing this game since 2005 and I still feel the excitement from it even in 2011 and I know I will continue to enjoy it if you can bring this game back. In other words, this game doesn’t ever lose its touch.”
- “I don’t really have much to add, considering what everyone else has said, only that I love Wyvern and I’ve enjoyed it for a very long time. I hope you understand how much your game means to us all and I look forward to its return. Thanks for everything. I would also be willing to pay a portion of the cost of maintaining the server, if that influences your decision. ”
- (belray/siegfreed/landslide/kingmavik,player since 2008) “I don’t have very much to say, I just hope you bring the game back up Steve. it’s a remarkable game, that doesn’t deserve to die, it’s very addicting and few games can compete with its style.”
- “Play develops relationships and communities. We have fond memories of growing up playing games with our friends and siblings. The gaming experience bonds us together now, as it bonded us then. We discover friends, partners, and spouses while gaming. We game with our children. We transcend international borders when we play. -Day9”
- “I was a player back in 2004 when the game was just taking off. It was a wonderful community and overall gaming experience, and I think it has excellent potential to become that great again, and even compete with MMO heavyweights.”
- “This game allowed me to make friends all across the globe, and lots of them are people that I still stay in contact with. Please get this game back!”
- (Morgus, player since 2003) “My experiences with Wyvern comprise an important chapter of my life, and I will never forget them. For me, many games have come strong and left just so, like a summer thunderstorm. But not Wyvern. The flame of passion for this game within me may have dimmed from time to time, but it always remained steadfast and burning. I know I get very nostalgic when I think of Wyvern, and sometimes I wonder how important nostalgia is when facing the present and future, or if it’s even important at all. But I truly believe that the memories and experiences of each and every Wyvernite will never fade into the ether, and neither will the game itself. I will stalwartly stand by this masterpiece of a game, and remind myself why that flame of passion never died out.”
- (Steovanni, Ohms, player since 2005) “Wyvern has been very fun these past years. It offers diversity in character builds which keeps the game very interesting and is one of the main reasons that draw me back to this game every time. Thank you for this great game.”
- “Wyvern has always held a very special place in my heart as it is a game that I have come back to playing Wyvern many times even after leaving it unlike other games. I can still recall the wonderful days of where… I enjoyed starting summon wars which led to warnings by wizards, I enjoyed charming random things very much and so accidentally cursing players with monsters led to warnings by wizards and charming npcs on the whim of things also led to warnings by wizards, I remember petrifying summons in public areas which led to warnings by wizards, I remember summoning dracoliches which summoned monsters that gave exp which in the end led to warnings by wizards, I remember the wonderful days of pking everywhere, where a certain someone accidentally blew up a quest NPC outside of mages guild but no one minded and continued the blood festival. It was unfortunately cut short when a wizard realized that an angry quest NPC was chasing people around amidst a chaotic PK, I enjoyed making use of crystal ball to track down someones location in pk guild and then set traps for them to be ambushed the moment they came out of a safe zone, I enjoyed going for the most unbalanced area possible which… while never did lead to warnings by wizards, it did lead to much tears when the spots were finally discovered and dealt with, I enjoyed creating earth wall houses on the world map or in PK arenas which… led to warnings by wizards or more accurately orders to demolish our works of art, I enjoyed employing the use of various tricks in PK which… doesn’t lead to warnings by wizards but does lead to hate from players, Wyvern is indeed one of the few places you can find such fun and flexibility in an online game, even though it may not match the complexity of some other roguelikes nor match the great 3-D technology of today, it still proves to be a very addicting game. Therefore like others, I wish from the bottom of my heart that the game will one day return back to its glory.”
- (binsenkind, dwarf since 2004) “The greatest thing about wyvern are the players and wizards. this unique kind of people could only find together because of your amazing game, that´s different from all the other games in the internet, and closer to pen and paper than anything else. here we had the chance to meet, chat, explore the worlds and the rich possibilities and had so much fun together. I will never forget the day when my whole inventory was gone because of some bug and all the axemen were busy helping me out and after maybe 15 minutes i had a full set of everything important. such a community is remarkable and can only exist cause your game went directly in our hearts 🙂 I miss it very much, Steve.”
- (Katsumaru, Enseru, Kazuki, Kotone) “Wyvern, ever since it was introduced to me back in the summer of 7th grade, still has a special place in my heart – five years later. Wyvern is the one game I’ve always ran back to, and the one game where friends have joined me for more than a year. A lot of wonderful memories were created in Wyvern, it would be amazing to embark on an adventure of nostalgia, while creating new ones along the way.”
- (Dandor) “Please Mister Rhialto, bring the fun back!”
- (Nazghoul, Dragif, Forseti) “Ever since we were kids, my friends and I played Wyvern constantly. If it was up we played if it was down we waited patiently. Honestly just like everyone else I miss the game but even more so now. The army keeps me away from home and away from those good friends that have played Wyvern for years with me. Wyvern helps me keep in touch with them, and my other Wyvernites. We have played many games together, from WoW to DnD online to whatever else you could think of, but Wyvern still is the best and always always has the best hype to play. I love Wyvern’s competitive ways. The games of today with their millions of players, drown out true competition. Wyvern player base is close, there is enough competition that there could be a “best”, and because of its closeness you never lose sight of that competition. We all know of each other because that’s just how Wyvern works. Be us allies or enemies were all just having a blast playing the game. My friends and I have played this game this long, i’d say were in till the end, and i’d hate to see this be that end. My friends miss Wyvern, I, miss Wyvern. Hell, we all miss Wyvern and want nothing more than to play it again.
- (Crier) There has never been another game where I can go to, to sit around and do nothing with. I think that that is a mark of greatness, a game where you don’t have to do anything at all for weeks on end and still come back day after day to have fun. I have played Wyvern for many years and nothing else has captured my imagination or my short attention span quite like Wyvern has. I feel like I am part of an AA meeting writing this, but it is still something that I would do if it helped to bring this wonderful game back.
- (Indrani) For so many of us this is more than a game or a typical gaming experience; it is a community, a place to make memories, a place to catch up with old friends and make some new friends, an escape — perhaps even a sort of a home. Some of us may have attempted to find “replacements”, but by now I’m sure you can see that there can be no replacement for the uniqueness of Wyvern. I have never tried to find something to replace Wyvern, because I have not lost hope in you. There can be no equivalent emotional substitute. It is evident in the devotion present in this letter, and in the longing in our voices when my friends and I reminisce about the good times we spent playing Wyvern. Times have changed and we have grown, but the happiness we had, surely, is something worth saving.
- (Giott) There actually was a time when I didn’t like Wyvern. That was during the time around 2006/2007 when my brother, Cullan introduced me. But I decided to attempt Wyvern again in late 2010, and I really enjoyed it. Just after I joined the Axeman’s Guild, the game went down. I was so upset, that I just kinda took a break from anything that was an RPG. But more to the point, I just want Wyvern back, mainly because its been really hard trying to find a replacement.
- (Aimi, Giselle, Suzumebachi) This is one of the very few games that I actually got into… I miss the sweet music and graphics and of course, the awesome community Wyvern had to offer.
- (vozka, czerw) I’ve played hundreds of games and none felt as good and unique as Wyvern. The atmosphere, the world, the wizards, the community, it all made me come back more or less regularly, and I’d love to play it again.
- (Ghengro, so many over the years I lost count) Wyvern was the first online game I ever played, back around 2006, and I miss it deeply. I couldn’t begin to estimate the number of characters I created and discarded and made over again, but it never bothered me to do so because the game was so downright enjoyable and the community so jocular, warm, and accepting. Please, bring back this little spark of e-happiness to my life and the lives of other people. -WBB
- (Xerxes, Rumor, since 2006) def sign_petition(signature): if all(incredible_community, passionate_wizards, sheer_ingenuity): return Wyvern incredible_community = True passionate_wizards = True sheer_ingenuity = True sign_petition(“xerxes”)
- (Tahuuti, mage since 2004) “I played computer games all my life, and i played a lot of mmorpgs since I got an internet connection, some f2p and some for a monthly fee and wyvern was the best of all. Please don’t let it die.”
- (Igorith, collector of junk) Wyvern is among the only games that is as captivating and yet simple as graphical MUDs come. DON’T give up on your dream Mr.Yegge!
- (Hawkblade/Rilian, not very good, since 2002) Lots of respect for you and the time you’ve put in. Thank you for Wyvern. It is one of the best games and communities I have ever been a part of.
- (Happyrabitz, tyranos, habrab, ulin, ect ect) I can remember in middle school my friend jeremiah (bullfrogz) showing me the game and telling me about his awesome time on his rak killing giant rats. Well we started playing then all through high school and even after. I was so hooked on the game i’d skip classes and miss school to play it. Everything about the game I love, I am hooked on it. Sure things are a little bit rough right now and it needs work, but so does any good game or any great master piece. I don’t know if you realize and maybe you will after seeing what all of us has wrote but you have a great community backing you up to help you refine this game into what could be the biggest and best online game. You have so much potential here it’s unreal, and all of us i am sure through playing and testing it can help you create the best. What Wyvern offers and has is so much more than any standard MMO out right now, and I am sure there so much that can be added to it. I have had so many fond memories on the game, made friends, developed bonds, and a lust for the game that needs to be back up. I just want to close out my thoughts with saying thank you for having the game up when it was and letting me make great memories and have such a wonderful time, I just hope it can come up soon so I can continue playing the game I love so much.
- (Rpghunter,Toxidity, FuryShifter, others from 2003) Ever since I played this game my eyes have been filled with the fires of greed. Elves, goblins, pirates and skeletons were my target of choice. From level 5 – 23 I would endlessly search for any and all loot until I was half a pound until over-encumbered. Today I regret never really questing as much. I started to quest only when the game came back in 2010ish. I realized then what I was missing. Never have I once Hall of Famed nor really finished a Live-Action Quest. Nothing can replace the experience that Wyvern has given me. It is the game I keep coming back to time and time again. To this day I still curse myself for not sweating it out until I hit Hall of Fame. I hope once more that Wyvern comes back for all players to enjoy. I am still waiting with my Kool-Aid for the arrival of Wyvern 2.0.
- (Exile, Belur, Exilic, and many, many others) You have captured all of the aspects of a game that makes it good. The community is one of the more helpful and nice ones, especially compared to other games I have played online. I have played since around 2004 and would be very upset to see this game go. I’m more than willing to donate some money to help rebuild and maintain the server; it’s more than worth it to me if it keeps this game alive.
- Wyvern is an extremely unique sort of MMO in that it’s simple, however it possesses a very large scope with many, many things to explore. And it’s almost always changing due to new level contributions, which keeps it from getting dull. Obviously it’s overlooked by many since kids these days are all about fancy graphics and what-not, but Wyvern is a true gem: an ever changing world whose simplicity opens up the imagination and creates a unique experience for each player. Not to mention it has quite a dedicated fan base. It would really be a loss if the game were to die out, especially in this way: with a whimper. I, and everyone else signing here, hopes that you’ll bring it back, Mr. Rhialto.
- I love u, bb
- I was still a fairly new player when Wyvern went down but it was a game that caught my interest and i would love to see it back up and thriving.
- Dear The one and Only Rhialto, I just want to make mine as short and simple as I can. I started playing wyvern a very long time ago, back during 2005 or 2006 and I TO THIS DAY cant think of any other game that I love more than wyvern. I have played many other games and none of them meet up with the standards of wyvern. The classic rpg, the beautiful pixel colors, the wonderful people who thread the lands. Wyvern wasnt just a game for us to come and play each day and earn xp, it was a place where many players created new friendships and through those friendships created something that becomes much like brotherhood. While this may sound silly but I to this day remember the names of many of my fellow wyverners and long to be back in the game with them again. Please consider my words along with the words of all of my fellow wyverns above and below mine when I urge you to please bring this game back. If its an issue of money, let us know. We are here to help, to do anything to bring this game back up. Sincerely, old wyverner longing for the game.
- When I was a kid back when in grade 6, I didn’t really have any friends and my parents were going through a rough time. I had no way to pass the time. Shortly after I found Wyvern, I found solace in my misery. I grew up with this game being my best friend, and the nostalgia that arose from returning to the game a couple of years later was tremendous. Allow me to experience that nostalgia at least one more time; let me play as I once did a long time ago.
- I played this game when I was 12 years old. Great game with a great imagination and a great history. I love it and it will always be part of my childhood. Bring it back please. Thank you for a great game. I support this letter 100%.
- (Mykenubie) Been with this game for nearly ten years. Hopefully there’ll be ten more!
- (Potamagic, Newnagaraga) I first heard about this game from a friend of mine way back in middle school, and when I first played it, I must say it was like nothing I have ever seen or played. There community was so full of dedicated players, that really cared for the game (as why this letter is being made), and I must say, this game really changed my life. Nothing I have played has come close to Wyvern, and I doubt that anything ever will. If we do ever get the chance to play this game again, It would rekindle a very old memory about this game. If It does not, then the memories will be in my mind forever. Thank you Rhialto, for everything you have done with and for this game.
- (Rhana) lol69. [email protected] Pebbelsbrain ( Stonegiant since 2004)wants to improve her English. Aye Rhialto i wanna have the best game ever back at once, better tho yesterday. Thank you Rhialto for all you have done, and worked on this game. I hope your family is fine and you too. But at last, i want you to know, Wyvern is the best game i played. It would be the best thing if you can bring it back. Your the one who can do it. Greetings from germany. And sry for all my horribly typos. so help me to get rid of that. And playing that game is like coming home. And i have to say the game has the best community i ever met. I started in April 2004 with my aaaui maaui rak mage kitty. I will never get to know why i tried such a thing, but till today i haven´t found a game as good as Wyvern. Give Thonklhs a chance to hug her baahing sheep again ^^.
- (Stonegiant since 2004) Hey Rhialto, first of all thanks for all the time and energy you put into this game. Never played a game that catched me more! Fantastic System, fantastic atmosphere, fantastic Wizards, fantastic players. Bring it back on please, would love to play it once more! Greetings from Germany – all the best!
- (Tecniqui) Frostgiant with red wyvern-wings 😉
- (Tasco) Have played for many many years off and on! Wyvern is the only game that I always check back in even tho my life is busy…This is indeed a work of art! Please bring it back…please!
- (Suril, Axemen) Please don’t force us to play WoW 😉 Every time I start a new computer game, I refrain from it because nothing satisfies me as much as Wyvern did.
- (Gate, Cacid, Giqu, Acidic.. and so on) I want to sit in mah again. That and I’ve been playing for years and I love the game. But yeah, Mah.. <3
- Everytime I return to Wyvern I realize how much I enjoy playing it. I started in first grade where I didn’t even know what I was doing but as I got older and understood the concepts, the fun increased much more! Full support and thank you for making this game!
- (betrom) I’ve played this game a lot on and off for several years, i even wrote a short story about my character for college one year. Wyvern is the only game i keep coming back to and i wish i can come again.
- (Riddles, since 2005) I have been playing Wyvern on and off for years now and I still yearn for more! Truly the best thing I’ve ever found online. Bring it back.
- Wyvern is by far the most interesting game i’ve ever played, it is unique in so many ways. I’d love to see this game come online once again and show that challenging gameplay and a wonderful community is gaming truly needs.
- (Rawkfist) As much has already been said by everyone else, i won’t take up space and reiterate the communal thoughts and feelings of this community. Instead i just want to focus on something that is here but not necessarily said. This letter, to me, is more than just a plead for a game to come back. Its a reminder of how something so small, started with passion, came to affect so many people positively. This is something that this world could use alot more of and although there are only 79 signatures (right now), there are many more who didn’t sign this that were affected just as much; and still many more who have yet to experience this unique environment. I hope that if not for you, then maybe for this, its worth the effort to bring Wyvern back regardless of the circumstances. I know its alot to ask for but here we are.
- (Dman) off and on player from along time ago, just checked back recently to find this, sad to see it go enjoyed this game thoroughly while I was playing it and would like the chance to do so again, circumstances permitting of course, I understand the technical issues as I help build on two separate mud/mucks, I would love to see Wyvern again.
- (Akajumo) I played this game on and off for a long time, starting in the 3rd grade, now I’m in high-school and whenever I got bored with other games, I would come back to Wyvern. I never achieved Hall of Fame, but I was quite close with one character. My new goal in life is to reach such a point.
- (Zezoom) I remember I could always beat my brother (Akajumo) at pvp, he would always make excuses about how his armor was worse or something. Let me teach him one more time, who’s stronger.
- (Uhgii) I have the fondest memories if this game over any others I’ve ever played. My attempt to play it again came a bit too late, as I found the servers down, and no one seemed to know when it’d be back. Wyvern was organic, and pure — it showed a lot of effort and love put into it by yourself and the wizards. There’s no other game like this, and no other community like this one. I hope you choose to bring it back.
- (Kama) I still remember the first time I played Wyvern; it was over 10 years ago, but I’ll never forget it. Over the years I’ve watched the game and the community grow into something I never would’ve fathomed back then. I want to thank you for the amazing experiences your game has brought me, and the good friends I never wouldâ€™ve met had we not been fellow Wyvernites. You’ve created something very special here, and I hope you see that as much as we do. Thank you, and I hope to see the game back up soon.
- (Echnos) Wyvern is an MMO like no other. I’ll never forget all of the time I spend on it, all of the good time I’ve had, and all of the friendships I made. It had a great community with admins who always helped it remain a friendly environment. The community spirit was incredible with group RDs and LQs. Wyvern must live on in some form or another. Thank you for such a great game, and I hope that some day it will return. You have a community who is willing to help in any way that you need.
- (xinviseo) Wyvern was my favorite game of all time. Please bring it back. I could go down the list with reasons, but I’d be sitting here typing for an awfully long time.
- Wyvern accomplishes and fills niches that other games don’t. It’s something truly great. Unlike many other games that can be replace by newer, better games Wyvern is a timeless game and i would be honored if you would bring it back. Sincerely- Game design student originally inspired by Wyvern.
- I first started playing Wyvern years ago – I don’t even remember how long it was, but I’m pretty sure it was before I even had an age in double digits. I’ve left it and returned a few times over the years and was intending to return again only to discover what has happened. I would love to see this wonderful game come back so I can enjoy it again. It would mean a lot.
- (Wurm) Nothing can ever match up to delving deep into some ancient cavern, and then dashing out in horror as a Wyvern or Shoggoth crops up out of nowhere. Wyvern was a labor of love, and it shows, and the only online RPG that ever gave me any sense of satisfaction.
- (Choppery/Arthios) I have so many fond memories of Wyvern and everything involving it. I dabbled in Wizardry in my off-time and it was my first taste of Jython. Wyvern also takes credit for my first written roleplay, which got posted to the “Tales from Wyvern” section. I would really like to see the game reappear; it’s been too long.
- I liked this game, it was fun. Bring the game back. Kthxbai. – ConquestAce
- I started playing wyvern nearly ten years ago and it seems to have been ages since I last played. I still have the urge to play sometimes so badly that I even had a dream I was helping you rebuild wyvern. Please bring it back soon,
- I enjoyed playing Wyvern, even though it didn’t have the graphics or features of other MMOs at the time that I started playing. In light of that, the gameplay and the story was exceptional, at least to me, and I found it very gripping and hard to leave the computer when I was playing. There are some changes that I would have made to streamline and facilitate the process, but overall it is/was an excellent game and I’m upset that it’s entered limbo. I really enjoyed playing this and even got some family members to join me in playing.
The Monkey and the Apple | Premium Blog!December 17, 2017 at 8:19 pm
[…] letter they wrote me back in 2012, when the game went down so I could port it to Cloud, gives a pretty good sense of how much people […]
The Monkey and the Apple – Hacking SpaceJanuary 1, 2018 at 11:34 pm
[…] letter they wrote me back in 2012, when the game went down so I could port it to Cloud, gives a pretty good sense of how much […]