Quest Points: 20
Location: Besar Castle
Description: The guildmaster of the Axemen’s guild has sent out a challenge! The Besar family is well known in the history of the lands of Wyvern from all of its mining establishments, long ago abandoned. The family abandoned those mines to defend their home. They haven’t had much success. So Lord Besar has asked his old friend, the guildmaster to send the candidates, or anyone else who thinks they are up to the challenge, to help. If you would like to answer the call to arms, and speak to Lord Besar in the Besar Castle.
Prerequisites: Basic elemental resistance, resistance or a way to dispel paralysis, confusion, fear, and poison. Invisibility also makes many parts of this quest trivial.
- Clouds: Will-o-wisps, Thunder Spiders, Cloud Serpents, Frozen Jellies, Frost Vortexes, Ice Guardians, and other various ice or air monsters.
- Caves: Dwarves and Golems that cast either confusion, paralysis, fear, or poison.
Rewards: Blacksmith Gloves, access to Axeman’s Guild.
- Make your way to Besar Castle.
- The castle is located in the top most part of the world map near the middle. There is also a portal to it in the Minath DoT.
To the Sky!
- Once in the castle, head to one of the corners of the castle (SW, NW, NE, SE) and climb the stairs all the way to the top.
- Stand on the lightning rod and type the command “climb lightning rod.”
- You will appear a cloud map. There are 2 cloud maps per lightning rod, and if you touch the blue edge you will fall to a random spot in the world map where you will have to make your way back to Besar Castle to continue.
- Make your way to the second cloud map, usually near the end, and look for “a piece of paper.”
- Once you have the piece of paper, move onto a blue edge to fall back to the world map.
- Note: One of the corner lightning rod cloud maps will NOT have a piece of paper. So if you do not find a piece of paper in one of the second cloud maps, don’t worry and just fall down to the world map and continue.
- Repeat steps 1-6 using a different corner lightning rod until you have all 3 pieces of papers.
- Head to the each corner tower and until you locate stairs going down and take them. They will be in a random corner of Besar.
- Follow the corridor through each of the 3 portals which will take your papers as you proceed.
- After the 3rd portal you will be in a room with the “translator.” Pick up the large scroll from the ground hear him.
- Before you leave, check the room for the “Rare Amethyst Axe” and pick it up. This is usually where it is located but if it is not proceed to the next section.
- Apply the multi colored portal to transport back to the main castle.
A Rare Amethyst Axe
- If you didn’t find the axe in the room with the translator, you will have to find it somewhere in the castle.
- Check on the third floor next to a dwarf named “Bart.” You will hear dwarves mention him in conversations and can follow their directions to find him.
- If it is not next to Bart, then it will be in a random map in the castle.
Following the Coordinates
- Return to the main room of the Castle, where Lord Besar resides.
- Stand on the brown square. This is the starting point for all the directions listed on the large scroll you received.
- You always follow the directions for the gem axe you currently posses (A = Amethyst, R = Ruby, E = Emerald, S = Sapphire). In this case, you will be starting with the “A” directions listed.
- In my experience, the gem letter and the directions associated with it is random, so I’ve listed all possible directions for the axes so you do not have to keep looking at the scroll.
- Possible directions for all gem axes:
Down 5, right 7, right 4, up 2, right 1, up 6, right 1, up 1, up 4, right 4, up, left 3, down 4, down 1, left 1, down 5, left 3, down 2, left 3, left 2, down 1, left 5, up 1.
Up 1, right 7, right 5, up 1, right 1, up 2, up 4, right 4, up, left 2, down 2, left 2, down 2, down 1, right 1, down 3, left 1, down 2, left 4, down 4, right 5, down 2, left 2, down 4, right 2, down 3, down 1, right 3, up, left 4, down 3, right 2.
Left 4, up 4, up 5, left 3, left 4, down 4, down 2, right 2, right 3, down 12, left 3, left 3, down 5, down 1, right 4, up, left 3, up 1, up 1, left 2, up 3, right 2, up 7, left 2.
Up 1, right 7, right 5, up 2, right 1, up 1, up 4, right 4, up, left 2, down 3, left 1, down 1, down 4, left 1, down 2, right 1, down 6, left 1, down 7, down 2, right 4, up 1, up, left 4, up 1, up 3, left 4, up 3, right 4, up 3, right 2, up 2.
- You do not have to follow the directions exactly, but they will lead you to the correct statue to apply. Applying the wrong statue can lead you to the sewers which will blind you almost permanently and deposit you in the world map, so stick to the directions.
- When you reach the correct statue, apply it, and you will enter the Gem Dragon’s cave.
- Make your way through the cave, keeping an eye out for the tight corridors as they will sometimes lead to the next map.
- Each golem has a strong spell, so plan accordingly.
- Amethyst = Paralysis
- Ruby = Fear
- Sapphire = Confusion
- Emerald = Poison
- When you reach the end with the Amethyst Dragon, tap on him to give him your amethyst axe. It will give you a an emerald axe in return.
- Return to the brown square and repeat the steps above for the Emerald (E), Rugby (R), and Sapphire (S) directions and caves.
- The last dragon will give you a key.
Retrieving the Jewel
- Go through the castle and out the north exit. There will be mountains with one last cave.
- Unlock the door with the key.
- There will be all 4 golem types, but no dwarves.
- The Jewel is randomly in the cave, search everywhere and grab it when you find it.
- Return to Lord Besar in the throne room and tap on him to complete the quest.