Quest Points: 20
Location: Mist Temple
Description: Evil has disturbed the peaceful Mist Temple. Journey to the Northern Temple Island to learn how you may be of aid there.
Prerequisites: Elemental resists especially fire, fear/slow/paralysis/confusion/poison resist or dispel, flying, light source, death protection.
Challenges: Skulls, Shoggoths, Wyverns, Liches, Floating Eyes, Fire Elementals, Giant Spiders and a Demon Lord.
- Go to the Mist Temple located very far north on the world map.
- Find the monk standing in the center near the entrance that does not move around.
- Enter the command “talk key” to receive a key.
- Go down the staircase in the NW of the temple.
- There will be a small maze. You are looking for a wooden door near the center of the maze.
- Unlock the door with the key you received from the monk and go down the stairs.
- Next challenge will be pulling levers to lower gates that will reveal more levers to pull. You will have to pull every lever until the black gates open up and you can proceed through the fire portal. There will be a Wyvern behind every gate so be prepared.
- After going through the fire portal, you will enter a cave made up of 4 maps. You are looking for another portal that will spawn randomly in one of the 4 maps. Find the portal and enter it.
Barrels On Buttons
- The next map will contain a barrel, button, and lever puzzle. The goal is to get the barrels on the correct buttons to open each gate in the long hallway in the south of the map. Buttons will either open a gate in the hallway or gates all around the map that reveal more buttons.
- To solve the puzzle, avoid pushing barrels into a corner where they can’t be recovered and do these steps in this sequence:
- Push a barrel onto the top button of the west column, this will unlock the gate in the NW of the map.
- Push two barrels onto the two buttons inside the now revealed section, this will open the gate in the SW of the map.
- Continue the sequence of pushing barrels onto the buttons of revealed sections to open more gates and reveal more sections until all buttons beyond the gates have barrels on them.
- When finished you should have 5 barrels left.
NOTE: If you accidentally cornered a barrel and don’t have 5 barrels left, you can remove barrels from the buttons on the outskirts by finding the non-essential ones until you have 5 barrels. (Do this by taking a barrel off one of the buttons on the outskirts and checking if any of the gates in the hallway in the south raised back up. If they did, replace that barrel and try again).
- With your 5 barrels, arrange them on the two columns of buttons in the center as such, or see the screenshot below (x’s mean barrels, 0’s mean no barrel):
- With all the barrels arranged properly, go through the hallway in the south and through the portal.
Dozens of Demons
- Go south through the fire map killing or running past the monsters and enter the portal. The lava will slow you down so be cautious.
- You will enter another cave. You are looking for a portal but you can only enter the portal once you have killed every monster in the map. To do a clean sweep, follow our maze guide.
- After all the monsters are killed, find the portal that spawns randomly in the cave. There is a Demon Lord, a couple skulls, and a lava floor on the other side, so do not enter until you are prepared.
- Kill the skulls and Demon Lord or run past them to the gold throne in the north of the map.
- Grab the pile of bones underneath the throne by clicking on the throne or the command “get all.”
- Return to the portal you entered through and return through all the maps to the temple with the monks at the beginning. If you’re fine with dying, just let yourself die, or have someone summon you out.
- When you’re back at the starting temple map, go up the stairs in the NE of the map.
- Click on the red mage to give him the remains and finish the quest.