Quest Points: 30
Location: Jbel & Bandaar Gaah
Description: Help Professor Baruti of the University of Jbel explore the pyramids to prove his theory. There are many riches to be found there., but many dangers, too. The city of Jbel can be reached from Bandar Gaah, via the east road.
Prerequisites: All resists, light source, dark sight, dodging and a way to heal.
Challenges: Dragons, Skulls, Undead Priests, Sand Demons, Mercenaries, Ghasts, and a few unique monsters.
- Go to Jbel, which is located east from Bandaar Gaah.
- Take the left stairway up two maps, past all the desert houses.
- Locate and enter the middle building, the Temple of Sokar.
Temple of Sokar
- Inside the temple, tap on the student, select “key,” and he’ll say he either lost the key in the North or South. Make a note of which direction he tells you.
- Go down the hole where you will enter a maze with some fake walls.
- At the end of the maze you will find 2 stairways labeled “Sokar’s Temple South” and “Sokar’s Temple North.” Enter the one he told you he lost the key in earlier.
- You will enter a RD and need to make it 10 floors down.
- At the end, grab the key, and return to the surface.
Breaking and Entering
- When you exit the temple, go south one map to the path with all the desert houses. Enter the one in the bottom left (southwest) corner of the map.
- Find the locked door, and tap on it to use the key to unlock it.
- Grab the key and the scroll from the room.
- Return to Bandaar Gaah.
- Go north out of the city, through the gates, and continue north for 3 maps.
- Go east through the 2 palm trees, then go east another map.
- Enter the yellow tent, and grab the map on the floor.
To Kill a God
- Exit the oasis and enter the ruins in the west.
- Enter the southwest pyramid.
- Make your way through the small maze and enter the staircase to an RD at the end.
- Traverse the RD until you enter a map with a key next to the stairs. Grab the key and head down the stairs.
- You will enter the “Deep Chamber.” Keep heading east through the maps with traps, applying the levers to open the gates. Sometimes the levers will be behind fake walls.
- Eventually you will enter a map with invisible holes in the floor. The map you received from the tent in the oasis will show you the correct path (image at end of guide). You can lay down 1 silver coin on the correct tiles to slowly make your way through the room.
- At the end of the maze, there will be 6 levers. Starting from the top, apply all of them except the 2nd and 3rd lever (see screenshot below).
- With all the gates down, go through the hallway and be prepared to fight.
- You will need to run around or kill the god. He has a powerful death ray and will teleport away before actually being killed.
- Apply the two hidden levers in the NE and SE corner of the rooms.
- This will open the gate on the east side of the room. Enter the hidden room behind the sarcophagus and collect the bastet (cat statue).
Return to the Professor
- Enter the portal in the previous room to return to the surface.
- From Jbel, go up the east stairway this time to enter the university’s campus.
- In the faculty housing section in the NE, enter the south house.
- Click on Professor Baruti to finish the quest.
Lava Room Map: