Difficulty: Very Hard
Description: Binyamin’s castle, deep in the mountains of Oxbow, holds many puzzles and deadly creatures, that will test your patience and sanity. Which Biny is the correct Biny and how do you defeat the king tormentor himself?
Prerequisites: All resists, flying, water breathing, high AC, a way to summon players, a way to spike heal without spells.
Challenges: Binyamin, Dragons, Arch Shoggoliths, Shoggoliths, other various boss monsters.
Rewards: Binyamin’s Tail, Binyamin’s Crown
- Tank: You will need a member to tank and heal through Binyamin’s attacks during his first phase without the need of using spells.
- Mage: You will need a member to give resists and summon the whole party after the portal puzzle. It’s also possible to instant kill Binyamin with death ray and high enough death skill.
- Archer: A ranged DPS is required for the second phase when Binyamin is running.
Finding the Castle
- Go to Oxbow.
- Go north into the forest.
- Keep taking paths that generally lead to the northwest.
- When the map starts to change to snow, keep going north.
- Enter the giant gold castle.
Finding Binyamin’s Lair
Note: This guide will take you directly to Binyamin. If you want the challenge of finding him yourself, then skip this section and explore the castle. It’s one of the most challenging and more unique areas in the game so take your time looking around!
- Kill the Armored titan and loot the key off his corpse. Unlock the door and enter.
- In the corners of the main castle lobby, locate the spiral staircases. Go all the way to the bottom floor. (You can skip every floor on the way down even though they are filled with monsters and traps).
- On the bottom floor, kill the Arch Shoggoliths and Shoggoliths.
- Locate the small pool of water in the center of the map. You will need a way to recall back to this location either with spell of recall, rod of recall, casting join player on a member of your group or having your mage summon you back.
- Enable your water breathing method if you can’t heal through choking damage and apply the small pool of water.
- You will enter a map with lots of portals. Pick any portal, drop an item on top of the portal you choose to mark it (like a silver coin), then apply the portal.
- If you end up on the world map, use your recall method to return to your party, then repeat step 6.
- If you end up in a small corridor with water floors and black rock walls, you have made it to Binyamin’s lair.
Boss Fight: Binyamin
Summary: Binyamin hits hard and will cast all the high end level spells. He will also stop time, rendering any spell worthless for a long period of time, including his own. Periodically, he will teleport, which gives him a chance to reappear in the tight corridors around his lair that are filled with traps and have a teleport trap door blocking the entrance. Binyamin has two phases; Regular Phase and Running Phase. Each require two distinct strategies to defeat him.
- Get the whole party in the main area of Binyamin’s lair.
- Kill all of Binyamin’s pet dragons.
- Cast all your party resists and buffs.
- Put your mage or party member responsible for summoning everyone back somewhere safe in the corner of the map. If the party wipes, you will want an easy way to get everyone back to this map without doing the underwater portal puzzle again.
- Have the tank start the fight by typing “Kill Binyamin” when standing next to him.
- The tank should be the only one taking damage as the mage and archer will be in range distance. Heal through his attacks and spells, and if he stops time make sure you can heal with pots or rods.
- The archer and mage should help DPS from afar.
- If Binyamin teleports to another location in the center of the map, make sure your tank finds him and pick up his aggro first, then continue to kill him.
- If Binyamin teleports to the outside corridors of the map, you will have to re-position your team to his reappearance location. There are teleport traps blocking the entrance to the corridors so keep running into them until you are able to reach him. Note: He cannot teleport if he stops time.
- Repeat all these steps until Binyamin starts running.
- When Binyamin starts running have your archer chase and keep damaging him as much as possible. Binyamin regenerates health at a very high rate and if he gets his health above the running percentage he will reengage the party just like in Phase 1.
- Maneuver your team to corner him so he cannot keep running away from you.
- DO NOT ENGAGE HIM IN MELEE. The tank should NOT engage Binyamin when he is running away. If Binyamin gets cornered while running, he will turn and attack the closest melee and he WILL essentially one shot you. There is no method in the game currently to heal through the amount of damage he will do if he attacks you while running. The tank should just position himself to engage Binyamin again if he heals back up to enough to stop running and repeat Phase 1.
- After he is cornered, have your archer stand in a safe place and keep shooting him until he dies.