We had our first LQ! It was a total, unmitigated disaster on the first attempt, as the boss instantly banished everyone into the ocean. And then he chased people down and banished them some more. Got me 3 times before I could reboot.
The second attempt went a little better, but had a lot of issues:
- he didn’t have enough HP, so it was over too fast
- the loot explosion failed (items bounced off the crowd of players and didn’t go anywhere)
- you couldn’t see him at all because spells aren’t transparent
- demigod dolls have a bug where they can’t be picked up
- the iOS clients were lagging pretty hard (I need to redesign the rendering pipeline for iOS)
- lots of other bugs and issues
However, it was at least kind of fun. Once all the kinks are worked out, we’ll have one of them spawn automatically per reboot. And I’ll add more raid bosses so you don’t always have to fight a Samurai.
The only other item is that I made the website slightly less ugly. Web design is a ton of work and I don’t have time for it, but at least the site isn’t completely vomit-inducing now.
I have many, many bugs in the queue that need to be fixed. Going to be a busy weekend. But hopefully we can have auto-LQs going by Sunday or Monday.
There’s also a permanent Yojimbo on an island east of Stensele. He may need some tweaking as well. He resets like any other map — peeking in there resets the countdown timer, but if nobody looks, it’ll reset after about 15 minutes.
Leave a Reply