ALPHA TESTING BEGINS
Alpha testing is expected to start in August. You will need an iOS device running a very recent version of iOS (9.2 or later). This device can be an old device (as old as an iPhone 4S) but it will need updated to the latest version of iOS. Wyvern won’t require a SIM card or data connection as you can play just fine over wi-fi.
SKILL SYSTEM REVAMPED
Players will now stop accumulating skill points, or at the most only gain 1, after hitting level 20. The justification given was that all the initial numbers for the game, were based largely on two well-known RPG systems that maxed out around the 20th level. Wyvern players ended up getting very efficient at the game, and as there was no hard level cap, players pushed the game into undefined territory being able to max out more skills than originally intended.
In response to these changes, skills that were essentially useless before will receive buffs. Archery is much more powerful now, and sneak will allow you to automatically disarm traps and become almost totally invisible, even in combat, at higher levels. Other Sneak changes in the pipeline include automatically increasing your crit chance if you hit a monster from behind, and automatically stealing from monsters as you attack them.
NEW WORLD MAP
Wyvern’s world map has received a complete makeover and now resembles the iconic dragon players will immediately recognize. Some initial observations:
- 40 small islands make up the Wyvern’s breath in the northwest.
- A larger island surrounded by mountains is bedded in it’s southern claw.
- Ice caps in the northeast make up the tip of it’s wing.
- Volcanoes and a stream of lava is resting in the center of the map.
- A giant mountain range makes up the Wyvern’s tail in the southeast.
- We counted around 30 cities or places of interest on the map, some looking like returning areas.